The office is responsible for Civic and Immigration services. Due to Covid-19 services are currently rendered strictly by appointment.
For the most up-to-date information please see the announcements below.
The office is located at/the physical address is:
South African High Commission
Immigration Services: email@example.com
Civic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the announcement of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral on Monday 19th September 2022, The High Commission will observe the bank holiday. Services at 15 Whitehall will resume on Tuesday 20 September 2022.
IMPORTANT: PASSPORT NOTICE
We are pleased to inform you that the Department of Home Affairs has outsourced passport services to VFS Global with effect from 01 June 2022. Please book your appointment on the link below:
The following services will still be rendered at the Home Affairs Section of the High Commission by appointment:
1. Notice of birth/ birth registration
2. 1st ID book and ID book replacement (Smart ID Cards are only issued in South Africa)
3. 1st Adult passport i.e. 15 1/2 year olds who have never been issued with an ID book/Smart Card.
4. Amendments i.e. Change of forenames / Change of Surname (NOT due to marriage or divorce).
5. Emergency Travel Certificate
6. Death registration
7. Consent for minor passport applications (For parents in different countries)
The following services are rendered strictly by post:
1. Retention of South African citizenship.
2. Renunciation of South African citizenship.
3. Determination of citizenship status
4. Certificates (Birth, marriage, death, certificate of no Impediment)
For access to forms and guides, please click the button below: