Department of Home Affairs
SOUTH AFRICAN HIGH COMMISSION
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Due to current financial banking practices in London, UK. The South African High Commission in London UK would like to notify all our clients that with effect from 13th March 2023, the High Commission will no longer accept cash and postal orders as a form of payment for Home Affairs services.
The banking details are:
NAME OF THE BANK: NED BANK PRIVATE WEALTH
NAME OF ACCOUNT HOLDER: SOUTH AFRICAN HIGH COMMISSION
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 93274091
SORT CODE: 16-57-06
REFERENCE NUMBER: SURNAME &FULL NAMES (AS THEY APPEAR ON YOUR PASSPORT/ID/BIRTH CERTIFICATE)
NB: Please be reminded that you will be required to present printed proof of payment on submission of your application.
Your kind understanding in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Looking forward to your continues support
Corporate Service Manager: London, UK
Date: 07 March 2023
Immigration Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civic Services: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: NEW PASSPORT TARIFFS
1) Adult Passport: £ 58.00
2) Maxi Passport: £115.00
3) Child Passport: £58.00
4) Lost/Stolen/Damage Passport: £116.00
IMPORTANT: PASSPORT NOTICE
We are pleased to inform you that the Department of Home Affairs has outsourced passport services to VFS Global with effect from 01 June 2022. Please book your appointment on the link below:
The following services will still be rendered at the Home Affairs Section of the High Commission by appointment:
1. Notice of birth/ birth registration
2. 1st ID book and ID book replacement (Smart ID Cards are only issued in South Africa)
3. 1st Adult passport i.e. 15 1/2 year olds who have never been issued with an ID book/Smart Card.
4. Amendments i.e. Change of forenames / Change of Surname (NOT due to marriage or divorce).
5. Emergency Travel Certificate
6. Death registration
7. Consent for minor passport applications (For parents in different countries)
The following services are rendered strictly by post:
1. Retention of South African citizenship.
2. Renunciation of South African citizenship.
3. Determination of citizenship status
4. Certificates (Birth, marriage, death, certificate of no Impediment)
For access to forms and guides, please click the button below:
Services at Whitehall
Emergency Travel Document
South African citizens who already lodged applications for Emergency Travel Documents will be contacted individually and will be provided with a collection date, the date will be on a Tuesday or Thursday. Dates will be allocated according to date of Travel as per air tickets submitted.
People who were scheduled for November 2020 appointments to lodge Emergency Travel Document applications will be provided dates to submit applications, dates will be provided according to dates of travel. Emergency cases involving bereavement will receive priority.
If you have received notification that your passport is ready for collection, please use the postal option, procedure is on the notification email. Passports/Certificates will be dispatched once a week until the office re-opens.
Please continue to send your applications by post.
Letters of retention will be processed and dispatched once a week during lockdown, until the office re-opens.