Important developments at the Home Affairs Section of the South African High Commission in London
We are pleased to inform you that the Department of Home Affairs has outsourced passport services to VFS Global with effect from 01 June 2022. Please book your appointment on the link below:
The following services will still be rendered at the High Commission by appointment:
1. Notice of birth/ birth registration
2. 1st ID book and ID book replacement (Smart ID Cards are only issued in South Africa)
3. 1st Adult passport i.e. 15 1/2 year olds who have never been issued with an ID book/Smart Card.
4. Amendments i.e. Change of forenames / Change of Surname (NOT due to marriage or divorce).
5. Emergency Travel Certificate
6. Death registration
7. Consent for minor passport applications (For parents in different countries)
The following services are rendered strictly by post:
1. Retention of South African citizenship.
2. Renunciation of South African citizenship.
3. Determination of citizenship status